Wednesday 18 November 2009

How many people have a dear friend who will give up their precious time to help others?, well I have. While I escaped to work she came and sat with Mum. All went well and enabled my Dad to have a bit of free time. He then went to the local shop to get a few things and to escape his 'prison' promising to be five minutes only. Just two minutes after he had left Mum's mood changed and she ran to the front door. My dear friend managed to pivot herself between Mum and the door but she suffered abuse during this time.
When Dad returned he was mortified to see Mum hit this kind generous person across the face. After much cajoling they managed to return her to the room and eventually to sleep, which then caused a reverse mood of crying (what thoughts go on inside , we will never know...what causes someone to become so aggressive..perhaps the frustration of no longer being able to hold a meaningful conversation..perhaps the frustration of no longer being able to decide where and what you want to do, perhaps returning to child like ways...so many unanswered questions, so many unknowns.
I returned at the end of the day and sat with Mum and Dad for an hour with a cup of tea. Mum was trying to talk to me , with the intonation of questions but undecipherable, so I had to steer the conversation probably fuelling her thoughts that I was treating her like a child, a comment thrown at me many times in her more lucid times. She was tired by this time and wanted me to go..that was quite clear...'it's time you went now!' again the total opposite to Mum's personality, she loves her family and hates it when you leave.....usually!

No comments:

Post a Comment